School lunches should be healthy and simple to prepare. This easy recipe is healthy, nutritious and definitely not just for kids.
- 1/4 cup hummus
- tsp of olive to the hummus
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), room temperature
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 carrot sticks
- 2 pieces julienned sweet red pepper
Spread hummus over tortilla. Layer with spinach and chicken. Arrange carrot and red pepper down the center of tortilla. Roll up tightly. Cut into slices. Yield: 1 serving.
1 wrap equals 324 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.